Monday, August 25, 2008

Blessings on Top of Blessings

It's time that I updated this blog. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, it's more that I either haven't known quite what to say or it wasn't time yet to say it. Make sense?

Summer is almost at an end. My girlie starts Kindergarten next Wednesday. She's cautiously excited. I simply can't believe she's old enough, although at times she's way beyond her years.

The last few months have been a blur of activity and thought.

In June, I had the great fortune to go to London, Ontario, for a national youth leaders conference with the Anglican Church. It was amazing. We got to go to different sessions that interested us, had all matter of worship, and got to meet great people from across the country. The Primate was there and was very encouraging to all of us. There was a general sense that what we, and the youth, must be heard, and that we're worth hearing. Many of us left this week feeling empowered, not in an excited TEC/Cursillo way, but in a pervasive constant way. I'm still not sure what it means. I'll leave that experience alone for now.

The beginning of July heralded Teen Camp. The youth and programming staff were wonderful. We had great weather and really seemed to bond. We had a number of younger youth this year, for which I'm very grateful. It's nice to see the youth of the diocese regenerating and the older youth take on more of a leadership role.

My family went on vacation for the first part of August. We got together a yard sale and went camping at Spruce Woods for a few days. I love it there. It's absolutely perfect for little ones - great swimming, bike paths and camp sites.

I guess the big news is that we're expecting again. I'm presently 3 months along and we're all very excited. I've been feeling ok, but tired and a little nauseous. That's to be expected though. Roo is so excited that she's going to "poop out her ears". She's really hoping it's a girl. They have a new place in Winnipeg that you can get 4-D ultrasounds done, and family is allowed in. If everything is ok, we might do that so that Mackenzie can really feel that this is her baby too.

Because of this new revelation/baby, I'm putting school on hold, which is both good and a little sad. After the youth conference in June, I was feeling called to go a little deeper with my studies but that'll have to be put on hold for now. This is the way things are meant to be. Family is first priority and I'm happy to be mom first.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment