Monday, September 15, 2008

Am I Irrational or Rightly Irritated?

Ok, so here it is. Roo's in Kindergarten and she loves it. She loves going to the library, gym, doing crafts, her Grade 8 buddy, and her teachers.

Here's the problem: I don't think her teacher likes her. When I pick her up, the teacher rarely smiles at me and has spoken to me once about Roo being distracted (lying on the floor, not sitting up) during story time (which we had a long talk about and the teacher said she was good after that....) and then today when I picked her up, the teacher said that Roo had squirted her juice box during snack, for which she apologised and also about which the teacher had left a note on the clipboard. The first time she spoke to me, there were at least 5 parents there, picking up their children and the second time there may have only been one.

Am I wrong to think that my child's behaviour shouldn't be spoken about in front of other parents, especially? Am I wrong to think that a Kindergarten teacher should be warm and not hold grudges (my perception perhaps?)? Am I completely off base and perceiving things wrongly because I'm feeling overly hormonal these days due to the little bean squiggling around in my belly?

I now know why parents get upset when their children misbehave. They (read:I) feel like a bad parent when she misbehaves. I've always been a supporter of the "the person making a fool of themselves is only reflecting on themselves".....so what the heck???

No comments:

Post a Comment